4.28.2008

Enough? More than!

ENOUGH

Definition; adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire:
Synonyms: adequate, comfortable, satisfactory


There are many different tones we could use when saying “ENOUGH” When the kids are talking at once, arguing over what show to watch, complaining about a chore….I often say “ENOUGH” meaning, I get it, I hear you and I don’t want to hear it anymore. Or when you need to purchase something…I hope I have enough money. I hope I have enough bread for lunches, I hope I have enough time, I hope I have enough strength, I hope I have enough.......

You get the picture. What about the times when you can’t take one more day of another disappoint, another story of someone that is sick, another friend that is broken, sick grandparents that are ready to Jesus, worry about the future,
That’s when I scream ENOUGH, please stop the world, I need to fall on my face and listen….listen, keep listening ….. and then the
Holy Spirit begins to whisper to me…Enough? I AM more than enough, I AM more than you will ever need. I AM your strength for today and all of your tomorrows. I AM your rock in which you stand, I AM sufficient, I AM your comforter, I AM your shield, I LOVE YOU! I AM ENOUGH!! With promises like this what more could we ever need! So thankful that for today, I can rest in the fact….HE IS ENOUGH!!




No comments: