5.17.2008

THE SHACK and Uncertainties


As we trust God’s character of Love and particularly His active and involved love toward us, we don’t have to understand the circumstances of our lives in order to live freely and live loved. Faith sees past the uncertainties, and in some sense even embraces them, knowing that the certainty of Papa’s love is the only place where there is real solid ground.

The Shack
By Paul Young
I just finished reading this awesome book a few weeks ago. It took me about a month to get through. I love getting lost in a good book and finishing it within days but this one was much different. It definitely made me think outside the box of "religion" and the way society has portrayed God's word. So grab this book if you are looking for a good read this summer! You will question some of your own thoughts or preconceived ideas and also be encouraged that we have a loving Savior, that loves us far more than we can comprehend! UNCONDITIONALLY! Check it out http://www.theshackbook.com/



I have been reading this particular quote several times over the last few days.....in my life right now are so many uncertainties, so many, that I could cause myself to freak out if I focus too long on all the unknowns. It really does take work to "cast every thought aside" Tomorrow at church will be the end of a huge chapter in my life, a chapter that I never thought would end. I thought this part would stay constant in my life til the Lord comes back. My dad will no longer be my pastor. He is retiring...resigning earlier than we had planned...you know, our plan, plan B? But we know that God always has a PLAN A around the corner, right? Well that's hard to focus on right now.



It's been a long time since I've had a different pastor; college and our early years of marriage. Darren and my dad have been on staff together for 12 years. I am sad that I won't be worshiping next to my mom every Sunday but I also am excited to see that PLAN A that God promises. More to come about that........

Aren't we all living a life with "unknown tomorrows?" BUT I do know that "Papa's love is the only place where there is real solid ground"

No comments: