6.17.2008

Beauty for Ashes and a Thankful Heart

Yesterday I was telling the Lord that there are some situations in my life that seem a little too tangled up for there to be an answer to and I don't see any possible way for it to be "fixed" Yeah, did you notice that...." I don't see any possible way for it to be fixed" (note to self, I am not GOD and don't need to fix it. Maybe there is a control issue here ) At that moment, HE began bringing to mind of all the other "tangled up webs" I have had in my life. The ones that seemed too big, too difficult, too messed up, too complicated, basically, MY ASHES.......
HE will bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
ISAIAH 61:3
This is one of my favorite passages because I realize daily that all I have to give HIM is a huge handful of ashes. Look at everything HE gives us....a crown of beauty, oil of gladness, a garment of praise, and we will be called oaks of RIGHTEOUSNESS. After HE reminded me of all the things in my life that HE has made beautiful, I began thanking HIM, out loud for each of these things (I was alone in my car, not in the middle of the grocery store ; )
So, to focus more on HIS faithfulness in my life and to help me have a THANKFUL HEART, I am starting my own list of 100 things.....I am thankful for. This will keep my mind focused more on worship, giving HIM praise and speaking words of thanks out loud and hopefully give me more of a grateful heart, tender to HIS calling in my life! Join me on this list, start your own and share with me ; )
I am thankful for....
1. my godly grandma that checks in on me and prays for us daily
2. my girlfriends that He puts in my life at just the right time
3. my mom having a slumber party with me last night, while my husband was out of town
4. my two high schoolers being at camp together this week, (praying for God to speak to them in a mighty way)
5. HIS GRACE!

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hi Tracey!

Loved this post...

Doesn't seem like a fair exchange for God does it? He gets ashes while we get all those rewards...YOu have to love a God like that..

As for the Church Weblogs, after you choose the M2M group, there should be a tab up top that says, "Add Weblog". If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if I can help figure it out or add yours for you..:)

Blessings,

Lisa