6.22.2008

We had a fun weekend of swimming, planting flowers, riding bikes and getting caught up with Darren, Tim and Molly after a full week at church camp. We've looked at pictures, heard stories and watched the camp dvd several times already. Glad their back ; )

I'm starting a Bible Study today with a group of random friends in the community. Not sure how I got invited to join but excited to just be in a study and not "lead" ....especially since we are studying the Song of Solomon and I'm not super familiar with that book.
My friend Kim had me over for lunch last week and made me a "to die for" meal. Shrimp Sandwiches. I thought I would share this yummy recipe. My family aren't seafood eaters (unless it's deep fried ; ) but this is a great meal to have when you have a night with some girlfriends.


Shrimp Salad Croissants

1 pound cooked small shrimp
2 celery ribs, diced
2 small carrots, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
Dash salt and pepper
2 packages sliced almonds
8 croissants, split

In large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, carrots, mayon, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in almonds. Serve on croissants. ENJOY!

I wish I had a picture of the sandwiches, you would be making them tonight. BUT I do have a picture of the melon ball cups that my friend Holly made us when they had us over for dinner a few weeks ago. Wouldn't this make a great meal? Shrimp Sandwiches and Melon ball cups! mmmm!


Closing with my power verse the Lord gave me over the weekend.

He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.


Psalm 107:29-30

No comments: