7.10.2008

A Good Read and a Good Reminder.....

I don't have much time during the school year for fun, relaxing reading. I usually stick to my Bible and the latest study I am working through at that time. Between school, sports, church and life in general, I don't have the time to read anything else. But when summer comes I am always looking for something to "get lost" in and just recline on my swing and read the day away....ok, I don't have time even in the summer to read the day away...but almost ; ) My friend, Jocelyn loaned me a series by Terri Blackstock, called the Newpointe 911 series. I just finished the fifth and final book of the series. I have never been hooked on a series before. Usually, by the time I finish a book, I am ready to move on to a new author and different style..I get bored easy but this series is never ending when it comes to suspense and holding the reader's attention. You can check the books and a summary on each chapter here.

When I woke up thismorning, I noticed I had a voice message. It was from a dear, Godly friend, saying that she was thinking of me and had some scripture she wanted to read to me. The passage is a pinnacle verse in the Bible but such a great reminder of WHO holds our future.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.(NIV)



Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. (the message)


Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (new living translation)

God is so good! He constantly reminds me through precious friends that HE LOVE ME! What a sweet blessing that phone call was to me!

TRUST HIM
ALWAYS
SEEK HIM
EVERYDAY
ACKNOWLEDGE HIM
WITH CEASING
LISTEN FOR HIM
and HE WILL PAVE THE WAY!


No comments: