3.11.2010

Lessons Learned and Turning 40!

I turned the big 4-0 in November and never did blog about it. I wasn't on my big blogging frenzy then. I came across something that I wrote right around my birthday.  "Things I've Learned"  How do you really sum up 40 years of learning. My 30's contained 20 years of learning alone, I feel like. Did a lot of growing up that decade! Don't ya really start feeling like a grown up around 38ish?? Maybe I was a late bloomer..ha! I still don't feel 40 until I look in the mirror and when I try to put on the same size jeans I wore 5 years ago. So here are some of my thoughts.......

 Laugh, laugh, laugh…. things are funny!
Love without abandon because of 1 John 3:1
 Self confidence produces fine results
Being wrong is ok…room for improvement
 I am perfectly capable
Be honest all good lies come to an end
 Someday I will definitely die
Regrets keep me from moving on,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
HE is merciful and gracious! Psalm 111:3-4
 Wishing is not doing
 I have often had to eat my words…a large humble pie please!
 Love is a gift, I am loaded!
 Don’t be afraid to ask for help
 Simplicity…keep me far from complexity
 Live life to the fullest takes effort and purpose on my part
 To be interesting, be interested
 Doing things just for fun is fun
 Don’t judge Matthew 7:1-5
Think before the mouth starts running
 Don’t take things for granted
It doesn’t matter what one says, it what one does
 There is more than one right answer
Keep your friends close..no matter the miles
 Nobody can LIVE without somebody
 Ecc. 7:10 For I was made for such a time as this!
 Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage.
Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Phil. 4:4-8
God’s Word does not return “empty handed” Is. 55:11
 Always be eager to practice generousity Rom 12:9
 Extravagant dimensions of christ’s love Eph. 3:19
 The light at the end of the tunnel is not always a train.
 I’ve seen HIS light blaze in the darkness! John 1:5
The more I learn the less I know
Children keep you young
Think BIG (abundantly more)
Power (endless)
Life is a mountain (but Someone can move them)
There is always HOPE
Words are powerful
Lifelong friends are PRICELESS
Children are the world's greatest gift!
Lead by example
Be passionate about something

My birthday was the best! My husband did good..very impressive! He threw me an 80's party (with help from many wonderful friends) During the party, my best friend since 4th grade, surprised me! We had 4 sweet, lazy days together catching up! A sweet memory and definite highlight of 2009!

The kids got so INTO dressing up and
 were as excited as I was for my bday!

Friends for 30 years!!

I like being 40
It's the new 30!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this! it makes me feel much better. i'll be 40 this coming november. i keep hearing its the new 30. not so sure i wanta redo the 30's tho. =))

happy belated 40th!!

Tracy: said...

Glad you liked this, Tam! I sure don't want to redo my 30's either...let's look at it as "the new 30's" with more wisdom! : )

Susan said...

Hi Tracy! It is nice to "meet" you also. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love comments. I am now following yours. It looks like we have a "few" blogs in common. Plus turning 40. lol