8.10.2010

Memorizing~

A few weeks ago, I was asking God
to help me memorize the Word better.
To hide His word in my heart.
I stink at this~
I have the hardest time remembering
where anything is found...I often know
"about" where it is found but I really
wanted to be more intentional in my
Bible memory. As I was busying myself,
doing 10 things at once and all the while
really doing nothing, I just felt the Lord
tell me to SIT DOWN, open the Word
and just read! I went right to one of my
favorite verses and I just happen to
be wearing my favorite necklace that day
that my friend Laurie had given me...



"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a very difficult time BEING STILL! Just BEING! I love getting into God's Word, but even in my "quiet time" with Him, I am going, I am online reading different versions of a passage, I am researching the verse, listening to a sermon from one of my favorite pastors, or looking for good worship music. Nothing is wrong with those things but sometimes I need to just BE STILL! To sit down and listen to what He wants to say to me, To sit down a exalt Him!  BE STILL and KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!
Don't worry, work and beat at the air, BE STILL, Tracy!
HE IS EXALTED!

Which leads me into the next verse HE gave me!

 I am the LORD your God,
who brought you up out of Egypt.
Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
Psalm 81:10

Read that last line again, OPEN WIDE YOUR MOUTH AND I WILL FILL IT!
Oh, how I want God to fill me!

I love this picture..what a great word picture,
just throw your head back,
open your arms and watch
 God do what HE does best!

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

Life can sometimes blind us and
 the enemy/thief comes to steal, kill and destroy
any joy that we might have left....
but the ending to this verse is the
is like thunder to me...
HE GIVES US LIFE..LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

This is love: not that we loved God,
but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 
1 John 4:10

This verse sums up what Christ is all about!
We didn't love Him first..He paid the ultimate price
to cleanse us from our ugly selves!
THANK-YOU JESUS!

So cool that all these verses are verse 10!!


No comments: