2.15.2011

Seeing Through the Fog

Yesterday I went for a run in the rain. Nothing new in the NW.
Actually, we have had nice weather lately and my runs have
been dry and clear. 

 Someone told me that during a long run, it's
good to find a "focal point" at every turn
(I'm new at this, remember, so I'm not trying to sound like I know anything about what I'm saying,ha)
I have pretty set run that I do. I know when the 3 mile mark is,
how many more blocks to make it four and how many minutes make it 8! 
On each turn, I do have a mark that I keep my eye on while trying to breath :)
It helps me stay focused and strangly enough, I am able to pace
my breathing. I love the feeling of watching that focal point get closer and closer
 and before I know it, I'm there.....Ready to re-focus, feeling accomplished and
ready for more.

Yesterday, the rain and fog were so thick, I could barely see one foot in front of me. So,
that is what I did, watched my feet. Not good running tactic, I don't think, but I needed to meet my goal and not take a day off. So, despite the rain, I went out.
(with my awesome running partner, my daughter)
Throughout the entire run, I looked at my feet, watching each step,
 trying not to fall, trying to miss huge puddles and pot holes.
Many times during that hour, I would get my bearings and realize that I was
much farther in my run than I realized. JOY! Also, my ipod was stuck on WORSHIP music, slow worship music.  Again, not too motivating for my run. As I ended my run, I realized how sweet my run had actually been...focusing one step at a time, while emmersed in worship.

So much like our walk with the Lord. Sometimes we can see the goal in front of us and other times  things can seem so foggy, we can barely see our own two feet. Whatever the view, I want those words from Jesus echoing in my ear;

Keep your eye on the prize, trust in Me, I'm in control, this is the way walk in it
(Isaiah 30) 

SOMETIMES GOD REQUIRES US TO FOLLOW A FAIR
AMOUNT OF REPETITION FOR A LONG TIME UNTIL
 HE DEEMS A SEASON COMPLETE! 
Beth Moore






No comments: