12.29.2011

Sweetly Broken, Sweetly Held~

Whether you are into New Year's
resolutions or not,
I think it's pretty normal
to examine the last year,
look at your accomplishments,
think about it with
a joyful heart or a huge sigh of relief
that it is over~(or both :)
I'm working ever so slowly on
my 2011 post....and hope to have it done
soon. Alot happened in '11
although the  year brought some strange relief and
huge burden lifted, it did not go by without
some scary, long days of the unknown.
Someone asked me what worship song would sum
up where I am right now..I would say this sums up the year!

Sweetly Broken
would sum up 2011 for
my heart,
my soul,
my marriage,
our family~
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
 "In the Last Days," God says,
"I will pour out my Spirit
on every kind of people:
Your sons will prophesy,
also your daughters;
Your young men will see visions,
your old men dream dreams.
When the time comes,
I'll pour out my Spirit
On those who serve me.....
         Before the Day of the Lord arrives,
the Day tremendous and marvelous;
And whoever calls out for help
to me, God, will be saved."
 
Acts 2:17-21

Sweetly Broken
(Jeremy Riddle)
To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You've called me out of death
You've called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I'm reconciled
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

No comments: