5.29.2008

Hello, High School




Tonight we celebrated the end of Molly's Jr. High days and welcomed the beginning of a new chapter, High School. I love every stage my kids are in and this one is no exception. High school was such a fun experience for me and even though I struggled to hold back tears tonight, I am excited that she has reached this time in her life. She still waivers between needing me to make her breakfast, bring her a drink, do her hair or tuck herin at night, to making far better choices and displaying a maturity that I am not sure I had at 18. Last Valentines Day we made our kids a laminated bookmark with this verse on it. Molly has hers on her mirror, I reminded her of it again tonight.....


So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.
Phil. 1:9-11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is soooooo beautiful!