8.04.2008

Posers

I am re-reading one of Brennan Manning's books, called "Posers, Fakers & Wannabes" My all time favorite book by Brennan, is Ragamuffin Gospels, that I read in college. But when I picked this one up the other day and read the back of it, I was drawn to the large bold letters...BE WHO GOD MADE YOU TO BE. All of us deal with this to some extent and certain times in our walk with the Lord. ...The Poser (impostor) wants me to believe my only hope is to forsake my true self and become everybody else" I need to bring the "impostor" into the presence of God, instead of trying to whip him into shape myself.

Here are the definitions for Poser, Faker and Wannabe (taken from the back of the book)

*A person who habitually pretends to be something he is not.
*one who fakes something
*one who imitates the behavior, customs, or dress of an admired person or group

I love this blessing.....

by Brennan Manning
"May all your expectations be frustrated, may all you plans be thwarted, may all your desires be withered into nothingness, that you may experience the powerlessness and poverty of a child and sing and dance in the love of God who is Father, Son and Spirit . And today on planet Earth, may you experience the wonder and beauty of yourself as Abba's child and temple of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ"

Lord, Do Your work!


EVEN THE GRACE TO GRASP GRACE IS GRACE

No comments: