10.03.2008

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves
and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin and
will heal their land." --2 Chronicles 7:14

As November approaches, I am aware, more than ever, how desperate we are as a nation....How critical it is that Christians, across the nations are lifting up this election, in prayer. I don't need to repeat everything that is being said in the media....on a daily basis....this is history in the making, we will see days like this nation has never seen before...etc. Here is part of a prayer taken from a Prayer for Our Nation.....

Awaken them that the same hands lifted up to you in prayer Are the hands that pull the lever in the voting booth;That the same eyes that read your Word Are the eyes that read the names on the ballot,And that they do not cease to be Christians When they enter the voting booth.....

We could all write pages on this topic, but instead, I commit to pray, pray, pray like never before! Pray scripture, pray as a family, pray as a church!

As the words from Chris Tomlin's song...."God of the City" so appropriately states:

You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You Are


Weekend Plans:
Off to a rainy, varsity football game,
a very large bonfire, with massive amounts of teenagers,
a JV Volleyball tournament all day Saturday,
church on Sunday
and hopefully some dress shopping..
.because we have a
Freshman Homecoming Princess
in our home that needs to be outfitted ; ) whoohoo!

No comments: