11.24.2008

Christmas List

Darren and I have decided not to do the normal shopping for eachother this Christmas. For one, the budget is T-I-G-H-T and for another, we have always talked about going back to basics and trying to make our Christmas' a little smaller when it comes to the gift giving. It is not reasonable that it takes hours to open gifts and to have to stop and take a break from the unwrapping and have breakfast/brunch. Over the years, the abundance of gifts seems to happen without realizing it. We do not have a big family to buy for. Both of us have relatively small families. We have one nephew and then on our kids are the only grandchildren on my side of the family. I think that is where it all started...let's buy, buy, buy and then clean it all out over the summer, put it in the garage sale and start over! Why do we do that? I am not a crafty person, nor a baker...but that just sounds fun to me this year...time spent together.....possibly baking, crafting or playing games....how about Wii Fit..that's family oriented, right?

All that to say, have no fear, I still have a list....a small list. I have added a few books on the list. Check this one off though...begged for it for my bday and can't wait to start it.




I am loving Urban Outfitters. Molly and I hit this store up over the weekend and I could barely contain myself. It is filled with fun, vintage items that I felt I had to have for my house. I fell in love with a pair of cowgirl boots.....yes, boots. I have never owned a pair of cowgirl boots in my life....but they were CUTE!

There were a few inappropriate items that I had to steer clear of but this just made me laugh. Please don't let this offend you..it's total "boy" humor that I know my son would love..apparently your BM's can tell alot about you..and they made into a book, a calendar and anything else you might be able to read......(no, I didn't buy it ; )



When I was younger, I had this cool orange owl jewelry holder, that I would put my earrings on everynight. I loved it and would die to have it now. This is the closest thing I have found that would look cool on my dresser. A necklace and earring holder in one!


I would love to have a couple of these...my necklaces are a mess and I don't really have a good spot to keep them. They often end up in a pile on my bathroom counter. Isn't this super cute!?


What's on your list?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to L-O-V-E Twilight!!! Happy Birthday girl!