12.24.2008

Merry Christmas Eve


For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
We've had such a quiet morning here. Haley and I are still in bed watching our second Christmas movie and I can hear Tim and Molly slowly waking up on this gray, cold Christmas Eve morning. Darren has already started his day at the church, preparing for the service tonight. My heart is focusing on the meaning of this season, reflecting on the past year and thankful that we have a chance to slow down and focus on our SAVIOR! It has not been a very easy year for this family, but I am thankful that HE never leaves us. He is a SOVEREIGN God that is not confused or surprised by any circumstance that we have faced or are about to face. The road doesn't seem like it will be easier anytime soon. But my heart is more in love with HIM and at peace when my mind is focused ON THINGS ABOVE......on the birth of a baby thousands of years ago, a plan to bring hope, peace, joy and love to those that SEEK HIM! Today, I AM SEEKING YOU!!
For if it wasn't for Christmas, there would be no Easter! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: