2.16.2009

My Strength, Fortress and Much More!

I love you, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-2
This is my verse I'm meditating on over the next few weeks. The Lord gave me this verse a few nights ago when HE woke me up to spend time with HIM. I had been very busy (and sick) the previous week and had not spent any time with the Lord. I was consumed with other things, distracted with my "to do" list and overwhelmed with "things" Although I desperately wanted to sleep, I was excited that I knew HE was gently nudging me to meet with HIM. I got some much needed journaling, prayer and scripture reading done in those wee hours of Saturday morning. That explains my "sleeping in" in the previous post : )
HE IS MY: Strength, ROCK, fortress, refuge, shield, salvation and stronghold of my life...what more do I need!

No comments: