2.23.2010

Power of A Praying Parent

Look at my sweet babies!
They make my heart so happy!
This was taken last summer in Los Angeles.
Although, I pray for them daily, sometimes hourly,
they were especially on my heart this
 morning during my quiet time.
Don't we all just want the best for our children?
But I want to make sure I am covering them, bathing them
in prayer and in God's Word.
I am reading through Psalm 119 right now.
This is what I prayed over these precious gifts.

 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
vs. 9-10

I pray that they live according to God's Word and that they seek Him with all their heart and never stray from Him. And that all those years of memorizing scripture would be hidden in their heart!

I'm thinking about re-reading the "Power of a Praying Parent"
It's been a few years since I've read that book.
I just want to be INTENTIONAL in my prayers and specific
in the things I pray over them!

No comments: