11.03.2010

Trivial Thoughts and Other Random Things~


After yesterday's post,
I want to have a frivolous Wednesday,
a day of fun things I love!

Fun Make-up!


I have a fun purple color that I have used up!
Purple eye liner...LOVE IT!

Have never tried this, but looks fun!



Recipes

Lettuce Wraps are my all time favorite meal! YUM!
I have been wanting to make them for awhile.

I love PF Changs Lettuce Wraps but the recipe I found online
seemed a little extensive, so I went with the recipe..


I wrote about my love for her here


Ingredients 


■1 pound Ground Beef Or Turkey
■2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil, Or Other Light Cooking Oil
■1 whole Onion (small)
■1 clove Garlic, Large
■1 piece Fresh Ginger (1 Inch Long)
■1 whole Red Pepper
■½ cups Diced Water Chestnuts
■3 Tablespoons Chinese Cooking Wine
■4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
■1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
■1 Tablespoon Peanut Chili, Or Satay, Sauce
■1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
■1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
■1 head Iceberg Lettuce

Preparation Instructions


*The prep for this dish takes the longest, so get everything chopped and ready beforehand. Once you get cooking, you add ingredients fairly quickly.

Prep the veggies:

Dice the onion and red pepper. Drain and rinse the water chestnuts. Mince the garlic and the ginger. Cut out the core of the iceberg lettuce and give it a rinse. Allow the lettuce to drain, and carefully loosen the leaves.


Prep the sauce:


Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, peanut chili sauce, hoisin sauce and the sesame oil.

Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the peanut oil to the pan, allow it to heat up for a minute, then add the diced onion. Cook the onion for a few minutes. When it starts to become translucent (after 4 or 5 minutes), add the garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 30 seconds, then add the ground meat. Brown the meat, then add the red pepper and water chestnuts, stirring constantly. After another 3 or 4 minutes, add in the Chinese cooking wine. Allow this to sizzle and cook for about a minute, then add in the sauce. Stirring frequently, let this cook for 2 or three minutes. The sauce should thicken a bit. If it doesn’t, you can add a teaspoon or two of cornstarch.


Serve with the iceberg lettuce: take one leaf and add a few heaping spoonfuls of the meat mixture, fold up, and enjoy! I recommend serving this with steamed rice.


Boots

I would never pay this much for boots. Although $89 is "reasonable" to some..not me! I got cute ones that are similar to this at Target a few weeks ago. But I love to pretend :)

A Massage


I DO want this for my birthday.
Maybe a Hot Stone Massage!
Ever had one?

2 comments:

Melissa Campbell said...

Thanks for the recipe for lettuce wraps. I had them for the first time at PF Chang's a couple of weeks ago for my sister's birthday. They are everything my sister said they were. Can't wait to try making them myself. I enjoy visiting your blog. Blessings here!

Robin said...

Oh baby we speak the same language. No wonder we are BFF's. I think this relationship will last.