4.09.2011

It's All in Your Perspective~ (and a half-marathon)

When you look at the world in a narrow way,
how narrow it seems! When you look at it in a mean way,
how mean it is! When you look at it selfishly,
how selfish it is! But when you look at it in a broad,
generous, friendly spirit, what wonderful
 people you find in it.
-Horace Rutledg-


How true I have found this the statement to be.
 It's all in our perspective!
We focus on the negative, everything around us is
 NEGATIVE...
narrow, mean and selfish!
I find the days I am able to start like this, coffee
and the WORD...the world all of
a sudden is generous, friendly and filled with wonderful people!
I think it's called..."Renewing our mind and being like Christ" :)
I want it..need it..desire it..crave it and only survive and thrive with..
MORE OF JESUS~

Darren and I had a great, long, lazy morning doing this!!

On a different note...tomorrow we will be running our
first half-marathon. 13.1 miles!
I think I'm ready, except for the fact that I
just had the most delicious artichoke, chicken pizza,
I AM READY!!
I have my number, my marathon shirt and the rest
of my outfit laying out on my bed..even my new ultra light, micro thin running sock!
That's how excited I am! ha!


Darren holding our route map! whoohoo!

WISH ME LUCK~
peace out~



3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love that quote ... it is definitely all about perspective!
Good luck tomorrow - have fun!

Nicole Bromley said...

you are so awesome -- i want to drink coffee and study the Word with you -- love you, good luck and peace out!

Nicole Bromley said...

you are so awesome -- i want to drink coffee and study the Word with you -- love you, good luck and peace out!