2.15.2010

A Little Plaid and Line Dancing



Darren and I joined our kids at Sadie Hawkins this weekend. They didn't seem to care about us tagging along (chapperoning) on their little  night. We served up some pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw and cornbread (said with a southern accent) They did a fun talent show and some rip roaring line dancing! Yehaw! It was easy to find something to wear, since it seems the plaid and flannel styles have returned.

Darren got me a gift certificate for a massage for Vday..
even though we decided to only exchange cards.
I should've known that he would get me a little something anyways...and a MASSAGE..hmmm,
now that's my love language, right there! I gave him a men's health magazine (exciting) but I do have a little beach getaway planned for this next weekend, which also happens to be his bday!

Yesterday, I woke up with this song on my mind. It's an older worship song (old meaning 2000) and we don't sing it much at church anymore. What better song to focus on Valentines Day! 
He is the LOVER of my soul!

Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You’ve taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now i know

I love you, I need you,
Though my world may fall, I’ll never let you go
My Saviour, my closest friend,
I will worship you until the very end

I often read INCOURAGE and I wanted to share a little bit about Angie's post today. Please go and read the entire post, if you have a chance.
Here is a paragraph from the end that really spoke to me:


I couldn't see Him in my mind, but I felt a great peace as I imagined my hands, clutching at fabric all around me so I could run to where He was. I saw myself, falling before Him as my dirty gown settled all around me.
Dirty from the dancing in joy.
Dirty from years of walking across a wet graveyard.
Dirty from loving deeply, richly, completely.
Dirty from the fears, the dreams, the sorrow, the confusion.
Dirty from the memories, the regrets, the mistakes, the injustice of this world.
stained by this life I have walked while my Savior whispered, "One day I will wipe your tears, my sweet bride..."
(angie smith)

No comments: