4.19.2010

The Sparrow!!

at Red Letter Words~
I just love this cute sign and have added it to
my "wishlist" of things I would like to have in my house
someday!

A few months ago I received a surprise package in the mail
from my sweet friend, Kendra.
Inside the package was the tiniest little bird figurine,
about the size of my palm. I thought, wow, that's cute and sweet
but I did not quite get the idea behind this little figure until a little notecard fell
out of the package.
On the notecard, Kendra had neatly written out,
in cute "curly Q lettering"  this verse...

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or
store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
 Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26

I was so blessed by this gift...a "just because" gift.
It was not my birthday or Christmas,
but because she thought of me, took the
time to remind me how much she cares for me but
most of all, she reminded me of Christ's everlasting, unconditional
love for me! He does not forget us!

This bird sits in my window as a reminder that
HE HOLDS ALL THINGS IN HIS HANDS~
Nothing does HE withhold from us and not a moment
goes by that HE has forgotten me~
What comforting words!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute!!!! Thanks for the follow!!! Following you too. Love your background!!!

Unknown said...

Thats so sweet. And it also reminds me of Lauren Hill singing that song. Ooooh its' so pretty!