6.18.2010

It's a Daily Thing~

Wow, I am behind on this blogging thing, but it has been a week of partying and celebrating our boy~ I have much to write about and thoughts to process..thoughts about watching my first born go through this huge step. EXCITING and PROUD overtakes the sadness of time passed!!


God has given us a beautiful journey. I know, I know,
 parenting this boy will never be "finished" but it will be different....
a whole new dynamic, I should say.
Although, over the years, I have been on my knees many, many nights,
frustrated with the parent that I was that day,
or discouraged because I wasn't seeing the "fruit" so to speak,
but really, God has made it a fun, exciting journey with this boy!
It has very little to do with what
great parents we have been but so much more to do with the fact
that from the very first moment we knew we would be parents, we gave him back!
What does that mean? More than anything,
it means we realized he is a gift,
loaned to us, for a short time. We have ONE chance to do
this right and the only
way to do it "right" is daily, daily, daily praying for him,
with him, over him etc!
Our job, as parents, is to continually lead them back to Jesus!

This is just ONE of the many books that have helped and guided me
through the parenting year!
Do you have it?
If not, GET IT!!
Filled with scripture to pray over your kids daily!



And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern
what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ!

Phil. 1:9-10

No comments: